[Offer] CCIE EI Section 1.3 solution

On 7/31/2021 at 11:27 PM, t3ln3t said:

After multiple "labbing", the solution in the workbook works if only you use the boolean 'and' and NOT 'or' 

Even though this is old post, I think this "type of questions" can show up on the lab version 1.1.  According with 

This is the hidden content, please
, boolean OR is the only one that can track both interfaces down. I think the goal of this design is to make sure that when SW101 or SW102 lose its connections with R11 AND R12, the other switch should take the  VRRP MASTER role for VLAN 2000 and 2001. "Losing its connection with R1 and R2 does not means to have the Loopback 0 down in both routers, that does not make sense, cause this event will have not benefit for the redundancy of the topology. The question says "declared unreachable", in other words the route to loopback 0 in R1 and R2 is not in the routing table. That is why this scenario cannot be tested by shutting down those interfaces, it should be tested by filtering the routes from going into OSPF.  What do you guys think?  I think the requirement that "the router must be declared unreachable as soon as it does not respond to 3 probes in a row", is also key, but I have no idea how to configure it. Any idea/clarification would be appreciated. 

Thanks and I hope this be the year you guys reach your goals.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3