[Offer]- CCDE dump that needs fixes

keje

One more Q to discuss

QUESTION 24 What is the most important operational driver in building a resilient and secure modular network design?

A. Dependencies on hardware or software that is difficult to scale

B. Minimize app downtime

C. Increase time spent on developing new features

D. Reduce the frequency of failures requiring human intervention

Proposed answer is B, however I think it should be D. B is correct in general, but I believe it is "not that operational" driver, reducing human intervention is "more" operational. In the CCDE study guide there is a sentence: "Therefore, having a highly reliable and available network architecture that can survive during any network component failure without any operator intervention (also known as resiliency) is a key design principle."

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 1:53 PM, kitaikutuzov said:

Wanted to discuss the following Q

QUESTION 91 Company XYZ runs OSPF in their network. A design engineer decides to implement hot-potato routing architecture. How can this implementation be achieved?

A. Enable OSPF load-balancing over unequal cost path

B. Redistribute the external prefixes onto OSPF and ensure that the total metric calculation includes external and internal values

C. Redistribute the external prefixes onto OSPF and ensure the total metric calculation includes only the external value and the value is the same in all ASBRS

D. Enable BGP and apply prepend to ensure all prefixes will have the same length of the AS path attribute value

Proposed answer in version 3.16 is B, however it is possible that the total metric might not necessary ensure the hot-potato approach. I believe the right answer is C, because if external value is the same for all ASBR, then the routing calculation will base its decision on internal value only, which would mean actually hot-potato approach

Correct answer is B.  

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 12:45 AM, MasterP007 said:

Cool. Cause I hadn't seen this one before. I got a snippet from a friend. I'll share soon as he sends me the PDF, then we can review all New Qs. 

It's one of the new Qs but I've seen that in the old dump, not the 400 series.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kitaikutuzov said:

How to quote here?

With regards to the 

QUESTION 91 Company XYZ runs OSPF in their network. A design engineer decides to implement hot-potato routing architecture. How can this implementation be achieved?

A. Enable OSPF load-balancing over unequal cost path

B. Redistribute the external prefixes onto OSPF and ensure that the total metric calculation includes external and internal values

C. Redistribute the external prefixes onto OSPF and ensure the total metric calculation includes only the external value and the value is the same in all ASBRS

D. Enable BGP and apply prepend to ensure all prefixes will have the same length of the AS path attribute value

Proposed answer in version 3.16 is B, however it is possible that the total metric might not necessary ensure the hot-potato approach. I believe the right answer is C, because if external value is the same for all ASBR, then the routing calculation will base its decision on internal value only, which would mean actually hot-potato approach

I'm referring to a very good explanation about E1 and E2 routes in OSPF provided here:

This is the hidden content, please

"Now within the scope of OSPF, think of the E2 route selection process: OSPF chooses the best exit point based on the external metric and uses the internal cost to ASBR as a tie breaker. In other words, OSPF performs "cold potato" routing with respect to E2 prefixes. It is easy to turn this process into "hot potato" by ensuring that every exit point uses the same E2 metric value"

Very good explaination indeed but possibly not good enough since you didn't quite understood it......  And also, just because there is something called hot potato routing, doesn't meant that there is such thing as "cold potato" routing...  "B" is incomplete , "A",C" and "D" are wrong. So correct answer is B unless in actual exam, there is a 5th choice....

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2022 at 8:22 PM, themhz13 said:

Guys, are you going to buy the dump from CD ?
I have a deadline of 2 weeks and showed interest in group buy, no message so far ..
shall i start a new GB ?

messaged you link to join GB

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 3:52 PM, AncientOne said:

Very good explaination indeed but possibly not good enough since you didn't quite understood it......  And also, just because there is something called hot potato routing, doesn't meant that there is such thing as "cold potato" routing...  "B" is incomplete , "A",C" and "D" are wrong. So correct answer is B unless in actual exam, there is a 5th choice....

Well, unfortunately you are providing zero justification for the B answer.

Let me try to use an example and you will point me what am I missing.

1) In hot-potato routing, an ISP hands off traffic to a downstream ISP as quickly as it can.

2) Let's assume answer B is correct where "the total metric calculation includes external and internal values".

- Let's take ASBR1 with internal metric 100 and external 10

- and ASBR2 with internal metric 10 and external 200.

Based on answer B the combined metric will be 110 for ASBR1 and 210 for ASBR2. So the ASBR1 will be chosen, which is not hot-potato routing as ASBR1 internal metric   > then  ASBR2 internal metric.

3) Now with answer C where "ensure the total metric calculation includes only the external value and the value is the same in all ASBRS"  for the same example we will have external metric of both ASBRs the same  let say 50, which would mean that the path have to be chosen based on internal metric only (as a tie breaker). In that example ASBR2 will be chosen, which matched hot-potato routing definition.

• Like 1

CD dumps are valid (total 237Qs) and people are passing,

I would suggest for GB, create new group over skype, request people to join, share the cost and there you have latest CD dump.

message me in private or here if you want more information about how to go for GB. our GB is done and closing it.

we had 20 people and most of them are passed, few are yet to take the exam.

All the best for new GB n exam

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/18/2022 at 3:34 PM, Dsyd said:

CD dumps are valid (total 237Qs) and people are passing,

I would suggest for GB, create new group over skype, request people to join, share the cost and there you have latest CD dump.

message me in private or here if you want more information about how to go for GB. our GB is done and closing it.

we had 20 people and most of them are passed, few are yet to take the exam.

All the best for new GB n exam

Cheers

helo can you help me PM first because my account cannot do it thank's before

• Like 2

Q24 (of 42-New Qs) 

Company XYZ has a multicast domain that spans across multiple autonomous systems. The company wants to choose a technology that provides a simplified and controlled approach to interconnecting the multicast domains. Which technology is the best fit for this purpose? 

1. PIM-SSM
2. MSDP 
3. PIM Sparse Mode 
4. MPLS 

The correct answer according to the test engine is "1" PIM-SSM. 
However, should be MSDP to to interconnect multicast domains. 

Am I missing something? 

• Like 1

Q13 (of 42-New Qs) 

Company XYZ is running BGP as their routing protocol. An external design consultant recommends that TCP path MTU discovery be enabled. Which effect will this have on the network? 
A. It will increase the convergence time
B. It will improve the convergence time 
C. It will create a loop free path 
D. It will enhance the performance of TCP-based applications 

Exam engine says answer is B. Why is not D? and/or why is B?

Edited by userpau
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, userpau said:

Q24 (of 42-New Qs) 

Company XYZ has a multicast domain that spans across multiple autonomous systems. The company wants to choose a technology that provides a simplified and controlled approach to interconnecting the multicast domains. Which technology is the best fit for this purpose? 

1. PIM-SSM
2. MSDP 
3. PIM Sparse Mode 
4. MPLS 

The correct answer according to the test engine is "1" PIM-SSM. 
However, should be MSDP to to interconnect multicast domains. 

Am I missing something? 

MSDP is correct as it involves multiple ASes. Also questions does not talk about multicast protocols but just interconnection of multiple domains.

• Like 1