Cisco DNACv OVA

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, BrandonCCIE said:

Anybody seen this new vDNAC OVA file yet??   We know it's been released, so anybody willing to share this??  I mean, it's going to be free to students anyways, I don't understand the logic on this one.  

I believe this is not available for the public. Only beta version was given to some companies by Cisco, and it will be risky for the individual to distribute it globally.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 12:03 PM, Myccie said:

I believe this is not available for the public. Only beta version was given to some companies by Cisco, and it will be risky for the individual to distribute it globally.

This will eventually be shared by someone. The current DNAC qcow2 image is also not tagged "for public use by cisco" I believed someone shared it to help the countless students who benefited from it and enhanced their career. Someone with similar heart will share the DNACv ova and people like me would be forever grateful for it, progress with  our learning journey and eventually give back to the community of students who are not so privileged to work in companies with this kind of privileges. Just biding my time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 2:30 AM, Myccie said:

Here is the VM settings. Also, all the disk should be within the same virtual drives, otherwise you won't be able to create the VM.

image.png.841a8a885071da5ac00100d25f6184a0.png

image.png.2711d13a66c812d114b45169872f281b.png

Unfortunately i'm not able to get it installing under those circumstances.

image.thumb.png.489a1886e605c51d6f2d0d84a214fdbe.png

Some error of the device-mapper

image.thumb.png.21e621119d42b1925b187c5c421167bf.png

image.thumb.png.e6ef7ba4d3f9caf01423b61f74dec03e.png

docker seems not to run.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Cisco DNA Center installs very well, using the original DNAC ISO installation file, directly into an ESXI environment, absolutely no issues. You need a server with dual CPU with at least 12 cores each, better 16 or 20 cores and a minimum 256GB of RAM. The secret of a successful installation is in giving enough CPUs, enough RAM(256GB min) and very important thing - to simulate the number of disks and storage space exactly as on a DNAC physical appliance. Absolutely same disk space and number of disks, otherwise DNAC will install but it will be very unstable and do weird things, like not showing or opening different things on the GUI. DNA Center will install perfectly if you follow the specs of a real physical DNAC appliance or server from Cisco. I have already installed DNA Center on different servers using the ISO file from the Cisco website. I can add and manage Cisco devices, no issues.

No need for an OVA file or anything like that.

Good luck!

I think you are missing the point here that the specs for the ova is 32vCPU/256GB Ram, whereas the physical appliance which you need to simulate to install the iso have minimum specs of 88vCPU/256GB Ram.

Not many of us have a machine which has those heavy specs but any relatively cheap HP Proliant Gen7/8 DL380 server supports 32vCPU/(upto 800GB Ram).

Since the CPU is the deciding factor here, ova from Cisco which can run on our meager Hardware would be the choice for most of us here.

On 8/30/2023 at 4:35 AM, xtab said:

Cisco DNA Center installs very well, using the original DNAC ISO installation file, directly into an ESXI environment, absolutely no issues. You need a server with dual CPU with at least 12 cores each, better 16 or 20 cores and a minimum 256GB of RAM. The secret of a successful installation is in giving enough CPUs, enough RAM(256GB min) and very important thing - to simulate the number of disks and storage space exactly as on a DNAC physical appliance. Absolutely same disk space and number of disks, otherwise DNAC will install but it will be very unstable and do weird things, like not showing or opening different things on the GUI. DNA Center will install perfectly if you follow the specs of a real physical DNAC appliance or server from Cisco. I have already installed DNA Center on different servers using the ISO file from the Cisco website. I can add and manage Cisco devices, no issues.

No need for an OVA file or anything like that.

Good luck!

Well, I have tried to put all of that into my ESXi environment (as seen in the screenshot). However, that does not work and this is due to the missing running docker container. I cant figure out why the docker is crashing at startup. I'm also doubting if I might need to partition the disks upfront as lvm or if the installation does that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2023 at 12:45 PM, ipmanyak said:
  •  

If need  anybody     DNAC-SW-2.3.3.7

Hidden Content

• Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

thx guys

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...