[Offer] ENCOR study guide

@okovwvrv I am still going through the guide one more time. I am also going through the CertyIQ 757 questions to incorporate any topics that are not in the guide. I mean I can post it with as many changes as I have already made, but I thought it would make more sense to make more changes/corrections/additions before posting the next iteration.

The way I am going through this guide is:

1. I re-read a part of it every day.

2. While reading, I note down some changes I wanna make (errata, re-wording)

3. if a question's answer or explanation doesn't make perfect sense, I research online, the answers from examtopics.com, run some labs, and try to write up a better explanation (or change the answer)

4. After going the guide once,  I research other sources (such as the CertyIQ questions), and add questions that the guide is missing.

5. In the meantime I try to incorporate feedback I get (which, so far, only @x0dia has provided)

Whenever I feel I've made enough changes, I post a new version here.

If anyone has any better ideas as to how to do this, let me know.

A comment about Q20, Chapter 5.

The answer is probably correct. However we are assuming that the "new" router has preemption enabled.

About answer C. This is only the delay that the router waits before it preempts.

It would try to become active after 10 sec (hold time). --> Therefore this answer is incorrect.

Edited by x0dia
  • Like 1

@x0dia I wrote the following for Q.20 of the HSRP chapter:

The local device has a priority of 100 which is smaller than the active router (priority 255). Therefore, option A is not correct.

From the line Virtual IP address is 10.1.1.1 we learn that answer B is correct.

The holdtime is 10 seconds so the local router needs to wait 10 seconds before becoming the active router. Therefore, option C is not correct.

The hello timer of 3 seconds and hold timer of 10 seconds are the default values. Therefore, option D is not correct.

Therefore, by the process of elimination, only answer E is left (although it is not totally correct).

Then i wrote a small section discussing HSRP preemption timers, and a section talking about why we do not have enough information to determine, for a fact, that option E is true.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...