[Offer] ENCOR study guide

15 hours ago, xev12305zen said:

Im working on it. Currently correcting current .vce file with study guide 

@xev12305zen, I can provide you with the source files, if you think they will be of any use. The source code is in Markdown, so you can easily manipulate it programmatically.

Edited by w1z4rd

Regarding question Chapter 5, Q3. I think this document gives us the definite answer: 

This is the hidden content, please
 - I guess they assume the default configuration without specifying a virtual MAC address.

When the HSRPversion is changed, each group will reinitialize because it now has a new virtual MAC address.

Therefore I think A is the correct answer.

------

Chapter 7, Q13

I think the answer should be: A, D

From this source: 

Cisco SD-WAN uses OMP which manages the overlay network. OMP runs between the vSmart controllers and WAN Edge routers where control plane information, such as route prefixes, next-hop routes, crypto keys, and policy information, is exchanged over a secure connection.

Edited by x0dia
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, x0dia said:

Regarding question Chapter 5, Q3. I think this document gives us the definite answer: 

- I guess they assume the default configuration without specifying a virtual MAC address.

Therefore I think A is the correct answer.

------

Chapter 7, Q13

I think the answer should be: A, D

From this source: 

@x0dia  thank you for the feedback. I have already integrated your comments.

Please, keep them coming.

Edited by w1z4rd
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Good explanation for Q.7 Chapter16.

802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) has a drawback of slow convergence. Cisco Catalyst switches support three types of STPs, which are PVST+, rapid-PVST+ and MST. PVST+ is based on IEEE802.1D standard and includes Cisco proprietary extensions such as BackboneFast, UplinkFast, and PortFast. It applied per VLAN.

Rapid-PVST+ is based on IEEE 802.1w standard and has a faster convergence than 802.1D. RSTP (IEEE 802.1w) natively includes most of the Cisco proprietary enhancements to the 802.1D Spanning Tree, such as BackboneFast and UplinkFast.

Edited by x0dia
  • Thanks 1

Good explanation for Q.8 Chapter 16. Found on another side. Cross referencing it here

This seems to be a frequent topic in cisco forums. DSW2 is not going to switch to PVST+ mode, only the affected interfaces are going to adjust their behavior to the old style PVST+ device. The output shows that DSW2 runs "protocol rstp" i.e. cisco rapid-pvst+, whereas the new switch (connected to DSW2) runs PVST+. Hence we see "P2p Peer(STP)" under "Type". Source:

"The RPVST+ switch should detect that the other switch is running PVST+ by the incoming BPDUs. It would then revert to sending 802.1D BPDUs on that interface and rely on timers instead of synchronization." Source:
"An RSTP bridge that receives an STP BPDU know that it's connected to a legacy device and start sending STP BPDUs itself. This mechanism will happen on a per-vlan basis with Cisco PVST/Rapid-PVST." Source:

• Like 7