Is there anyone using Chinese dumps now?

kat

20 hours ago, kat said:

Which solution guide are you using?

I want to confirm whether my guide is the latest or not 

And I would like to ask about rack as well

Kat does your guide have the new questions from the design module? does it have the HQ ospf nssa default route injection question? udld vs loopguard? and something about placement importance of RP in DMVPN?

For the deploy module does it have the one with HQ in Area 1 and you have to advertise 10.1.0.0/16 to the DC and sw101 as the primary path and sw102 as the backup? And r3 as the route reflector for the MPLS backbone?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2022 at 12:37 AM, ShoIProute said:

Kat does your guide have the new questions from the design module? does it have the HQ ospf nssa default route injection question? udld vs loopguard? and something about placement importance of RP in DMVPN?

For the deploy module does it have the one with HQ in Area 1 and you have to advertise 10.1.0.0/16 to the DC and sw101 as the primary path and sw102 as the backup? And r3 as the route reflector for the MPLS backbone?

Does the newest exam have r3 as a route-reflector?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Does the newest exam have r3 as a route-reflector?

I attempted multiple times over the past few months and on each attempt I ran into the r3 as a route-reflector for Section 1.10:

Configure r3 as a route-reflector
Configure r4, r5 and r6 as clients of the route-reflector

On r3 the necessary configuration for this requirement must be accomplished using a peer group named "GlobalSP"

I'm not sure if their giving the previous version of the exam anymore. Unless someone has taken it recently and can confirm that their still getting it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ShoIProute said:

I attempted multiple times over the past few months and on each attempt I ran into the r3 as a route-reflector for Section 1.10:

Configure r3 as a route-reflector
Configure r4, r5 and r6 as clients of the route-reflector

On r3 the necessary configuration for this requirement must be accomplished using a peer group named "GlobalSP"

I'm not sure if their giving the previous version of the exam anymore. Unless someone has taken it recently and can confirm that their still getting it

Thanks, you getting close to passing?

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 7:06 PM, cciedcguy said:

Whats the question for 1.15 ? Just ipv6 or ipv4 and ipv6 ?

Clc says ipv6 , spoto says both. Anyone with real experience ?

Question 1.15 is basically testing your knowledge of a 6VPE deployment, (which is essentially exchanging vpnv6 routes over a v4 MPLS backbone and the PE router uses VRFs facing its CE.)

The task is really both IPv4 and IPv6 because u have to form the BGP peering between r3 and r11 using an IPv4 session, but still allow them to exchange IPv6 routes with each other. First thing u need to remember is that u have to enable the IPv6 address-family in the BGP process and then enable IPv6 in the VRF definition, but perhaps the most important thing that u have to remember is when a BGP router is configured to advertise IPv6 routes over an IPv4 session, u need to set the next-hop for the prefixes to the proper IPv6 next-hop address otherwise u will end up with a next-hop that has an IPv4 address appended to it.

This is done using a route-map and since the task requires us to set that route-map in the INBOUND direction -

"Ensure that all current and future IPv6 prefixes advertised between r11 and r3 will be installed into the RIB of these routers with the next hop address set to the proper global unicast address on their interconnection.

Any policy that accomplishes this requirement must be applied in the inbound direction"

Then the next-hop for all IPv6 prefixes that are received from ur neighbor must be set to ur neighbor's IPv6 address, so that u use that address as ur next hop for the received IPv6 prefixes. This must be applied using a route-map in the IPv6 address-family config for the neighbor.

Also remember that there's some troubleshooting in that task. U have to fix the LSP in the MPLS backbone for Global SP1. r4 is configured with a mis-matched subnet mask for it's Loopback0 (100.255.254.4/31) that doesn't match what is being advertised in the IGP. Because of this, the LSP is broken. It doesn't match r4's Local Binding in LDP for it's Lo0 because by default OSPF will always advertise loopbacks as /32. Therefore, either the subnet mask on r4's loopback must be corrected (changed to /32) or it's ospf network type must be changed to "point-to-point" in order to advertise the correct mask, otherwise r4 will not have a local label binding for 100.255.254.4/32 causing traffic to be dropped.

Edited by ShoIProute
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, ShoIProute said:

Question 1.15 is basically testing your knowledge of a 6VPE deployment, (which is essentially exchanging vpnv6 routes over a v4 MPLS backbone and the PE router uses VRFs facing its CE.)

The task is really both IPv4 and IPv6 because u have to form the BGP peering between r3 and r11 using an IPv4 session, but still allow them to exchange IPv6 routes with each other. First thing u need to remember is that u have to enable the IPv6 address-family in the BGP process and then enable IPv6 in the VRF definition, but perhaps the most important thing that u have to remember is when a BGP router is configured to advertise IPv6 routes over an IPv4 session, u need to set the next-hop for the prefixes to the proper IPv6 next-hop address otherwise u will end up with a next-hop that has an IPv4 address appended to it.

This is done using a route-map and since the task requires us to set that route-map in the INBOUND direction -

"Ensure that all current and future IPv6 prefixes advertised between r11 and r3 will be installed into the RIB of these routers with the next hop address set to the proper global unicast address on their interconnection.

Any policy that accomplishes this requirement must be applied in the inbound direction"

Then the next-hop for all IPv6 prefixes that are received from ur neighbor must be set to ur neighbor's IPv6 address, so that u use that address as ur next hop for the received IPv6 prefixes. This must be applied using a route-map in the IPv6 address-family config for the neighbor.

Also remember that there's some troubleshooting in that task. U have to fix the LSP in the MPLS backbone for Global SP1. r4 is configured with a mis-matched subnet mask for it's Loopback0 (100.255.254.4/31) that doesn't match what is being advertised in the IGP. Because of this, the LSP is broken. It doesn't match r4's Local Binding in LDP for it's Lo0 because by default OSPF will always advertise loopbacks as /32. Therefore, either the subnet mask on r4's loopback must be corrected (changed to /32) or it's ospf network type must be changed to "point-to-point" in order to advertise the correct mask, otherwise r4 will not have a local label binding for 100.255.254.4/32 causing traffic to be dropped.

Brilliant, thanks for your pro. efforts, which one are you following at the moment, CLC ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pentacis said:

Brilliant, thanks for your pro. efforts, which one are you following at the moment, CLC ?

Neither lol haha. Well, I'm using the ones that were posted on this site (I think from the "CCIE EI Real Lab workbook + EVE=UNL (Release 7) ") post as a base and building off of that from my studies and knowledge and what I've tested while labbing. I think I ran across a CLC one that I did feel like it had some solutions wrong or misunderstood, but I've been working to try and correct the wrong answers. I've come to realize at this point that I don't think any vendor has complete solutions really unless someone who passed can prove me wrong. The other thing is that all of the current solutions circling around right now at the moment are from the previous version of the exam. I don't think their giving that one anymore, there was an update back in April/May of last year. I haven't seen anybody post any updated versions (unless someone on here has the updated versions of the lab from CLC or CD and would like to post it 🙂I would say the old ones have about 80-85% of what's still on the exam today tho. There isn't too much change to the questions and it's a only a few questions changed.

I think one of the things that ppl underestimate is the DESIGN module. I've never been able to pass it and they made updates to that too. I've seen CLC and CD have some wrong answers for that module too. I was able to look up some of the answers in cisco documentation. Plus, I haven't seen anybody with the new Design questions either. I remembered some of them, but some I forgot (I've made posts about it.) It's going to be important to focus on passing that module too if u want any shot at passing the exam, because u must get at least the minimum passing score for both modules. If u fail the Design, u fail the entire exam.

With that said....I hope we all pass it soon before they change it again!! Haha. From what I seen it looks like they change it up around April/May of each year. At least I think thats what they did last year....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShoIProute said:

Neither lol haha. Well, I'm using the ones that were posted on this site (I think from the "CCIE EI Real Lab workbook + EVE=UNL (Release 7) ") post as a base and building off of that from my studies and knowledge and what I've tested while labbing. I think I ran across a CLC one that I did feel like it had some solutions wrong or misunderstood, but I've been working to try and correct the wrong answers. I've come to realize at this point that I don't think any vendor has complete solutions really unless someone who passed can prove me wrong. The other thing is that all of the current solutions circling around right now at the moment are from the previous version of the exam. I don't think their giving that one anymore, there was an update back in April/May of last year. I haven't seen anybody post any updated versions (unless someone on here has the updated versions of the lab from CLC or CD and would like to post it 🙂I would say the old ones have about 80-85% of what's still on the exam today tho. There isn't too much change to the questions and it's a only a few questions changed.

I think one of the things that ppl underestimate is the DESIGN module. I've never been able to pass it and they made updates to that too. I've seen CLC and CD have some wrong answers for that module too. I was able to look up some of the answers in cisco documentation. Plus, I haven't seen anybody with the new Design questions either. I remembered some of them, but some I forgot (I've made posts about it.) It's going to be important to focus on passing that module too if u want any shot at passing the exam, because u must get at least the minimum passing score for both modules. If u fail the Design, u fail the entire exam.

With that said....I hope we all pass it soon before they change it again!! Haha. From what I seen it looks like they change it up around April/May of each year. At least I think thats what they did last year....

Actually you just reminded me that in June the new Enterprise blueprints will take place!!!, so we should see some official agenda by March, and a new version of the exam by June, tik tok not much time left for this version, though i know many who've passed in past october, i haven't asked any of them about their roadmap, let's see January's achievements.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pentacis said:

Actually you just reminded me that in June the new Enterprise blueprints will take place!!!, so we should see some official agenda by March, and a new version of the exam by June, tik tok not much time left for this version, though i know many who've passed in past october, i haven't asked any of them about their roadmap, let's see January's achievements.

Yup! Although I think they also did say in the fine print at the bottom that the Expert level exams (or lab exams) might update a little slower then the CCNA/CCNP tracks. So they might follow a slightly different timeline/schedule

Great! Do u know if any of them used any specific vendor solutions to pass? If u have any helpful info. Plz let us know.

2 hours ago, ShoIProute said:

Yup! Although I think they also did say in the fine print at the bottom that the Expert level exams (or lab exams) might update a little slower then the CCNA/CCNP tracks. So they might follow a slightly different timeline/schedule

Great! Do u know if any of them used any specific vendor solutions to pass? If u have any helpful info. Plz let us know.

logically yes the LAB exams should be more stable, affected less, from another side a friend of mine has 2 colleagues whom already passed!, one used spoto, and the other used clc 🙂
it's about knowing some tricks, tips, plus of course the massive knowledge you should carry with you to the lab exam haha,

I am still investigating to see what is stable, which is more updated, what is the best date to book, and sure i will keep this post updated... 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pentacis said:

logically yes the LAB exams should be more stable, affected less, from another side a friend of mine has 2 colleagues whom already passed!, one used spoto, and the other used clc 🙂
it's about knowing some tricks, tips, plus of course the massive knowledge you should carry with you to the lab exam haha,

I am still investigating to see what is stable, which is more updated, what is the best date to book, and sure i will keep this post updated... 

Agreed, the lab exams should be more stable and affected less.

Awesome!! Ur definitely helping to keep this site alive with ur contributions, so plz keep up posted.!

Thanks mate!

• Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 2:34 AM, ShoIProute said:

Awesome!! Ur definitely helping to keep this site alive with ur contributions, so plz keep up posted.!

Thanks mate!

Alright, prerequisite cleared, now the real deal starts, in a month i will consider a workbook for preparation, I hope to see some serious candidates sharing what's going on...

12 hours ago, pentacis said:

Alright, prerequisite cleared, now the real deal starts, in a month i will consider a workbook for preparation, I hope to see some serious candidates sharing what's going on...

Buy Narbik's latest book and download the workbook.  It's the best workbook in the game for CCIE preparation.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Buy Narbik's latest book and download the workbook.  It's the best workbook in the game for CCIE preparation.

I did, first I'm focusing on finishing a video course that i got, after that Narbik's workbook, and perhaps a 3rd material later, to finalize with...

On 1.3 it states on #4 

"If both r11 and r12 are declared unreachable from a preferred gateway, the other switch must be allowed to assume the gateway role."

In the solution the track 3 is configured as a boolean or.  Shouldn't this be configured as a boolean and per the requirement?

On 1/5/2023 at 5:04 AM, ShoIProute said:

Thanks mate!

You are wrong First of all paid version solution is different then the free version i am 100% sure about it so what you have is free version from CD i believe. 

Spoto/CLC i have never seen anyone passed except fake modified marketing all the time which is just waste. So never confider or route to any fake vendors Spoto was good previously but now they dont have even EI solution. 

• Like 2

I agree CD version is very very good and all passing from them. 

Regarding Narbik workbook is only technology lab not the real stuff i got that link in my email long back posting it here free narbik guide. 

Best rack rental is CD racks :

This is the hidden content, please
 those i believe for all the CCIE tracks they have available i used for EI and soon taking more for SP now.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

On 1.3 it states on #4 

"If both r11 and r12 are declared unreachable from a preferred gateway, the other switch must be allowed to assume the gateway role."

In the solution the track 3 is configured as a boolean or.  Shouldn't this be configured as a boolean and per the requirement?

no,   the requirement is that the gateway must change if both R11/R12 are unreachable,   so a boolean 'or' track list will keep the tracked object up as long as at least one device is reachable.  Using an 'and' list would incorrectly flip the gateway if just one of the devices was unreachable

• Like 1