Task 1.2 (VTP and MST at HQ) Questions

This question asks for etherchannels to use the "shortest link bundling time possible". I realized that seems to simply mean that any LACP enabled ports should be using "mode active".

Make sense to anyone else? I believe I got this wrong on the last attempt by not using "mode active"

• Like 2

This question is really bugging me.

There's nothing you gain from making both sides active/active.  LACP Rate fast is not available in the exam, I have tried it.

The only thing I am starting to wonder is the Max-Bundle/Fast switchover combination.  This makes the link bundle time extremely short if there's a failure on one of the links.  I suspect that might be where the correct answer lies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, MrPlinkett said:

There's nothing you gain from making both sides active/active.  LACP Rate fast is not available in the exam, I have tried it.

The only thing I am starting to wonder is the Max-Bundle/Fast switchover combination.  This makes the link bundle time extremely short if there's a failure on one of the links.  I suspect that might be where the correct answer lies.

Are you have taking exam?

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 2:33 AM, MrPlinkett said:

Good point. Also i would point out that the task also mentions that you should not change the existing etherchannel configuration if any. So making both sides active would be going against that statement as I believe at least one switch has channel-group configured on all ports.

• Like 1

Can't say whether it's the right answer or not, but I don't see what other options are available.

However, the question does state that all interfaces must be up and active, so if you place max-bundle 1 and LACP-Fast switchover, I am not sure that's going to be correct.  It's a tough question that I can't find any other examples of online.

• Like 1

Is LACP Fast switchover even an available command on the IOSvL2 image? I don't believe it is.  Also noticed that IOSvL2 image is a little buggy with Port Channels not using LACP as well. You need to shut the port channels down and configure the interfaces and then no shut the port channels on both sides to get them to come up.

• Like 2