V1.1 1.7: MPLS Underlay

Based on the dump shared by enterprise.

I think the answer in 1.7 may not be complete.

The last two points in the question:

There must be no type 2 LSA in any of the router LSDBs at Global SP #1

This is handled in the answer, point-to-point ensures that no type 2 LSAs are required to build the graph.

The LSAs in Global SP #1 must not contain information about any transit links

I think this may be asking for prefix suppression? Setting the network type to point-to-point does not remove transit link information from the type 1 LSAs. Prefix suppression is needed for that.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/6/2023 at 10:04 PM, imhungry said:

Based on the dump shared by enterprise.

I think the answer in 1.7 may not be complete.

The last two points in the question:

There must be no type 2 LSA in any of the router LSDBs at Global SP #1

This is handled in the answer, point-to-point ensures that no type 2 LSAs are required to build the graph.

The LSAs in Global SP #1 must not contain information about any transit links

I think this may be asking for prefix suppression? Setting the network type to point-to-point does not remove transit link information from the type 1 LSAs. Prefix suppression is needed for that.

you are correct.
basicly type 2 LSA is generated by DR to describe all routers connected to its segment directly handeling DR and BDR . so ptp ist must.
to have no transit info you need to activate Prefix suppression. it recomended to di it at the end as it make it harder to T-shoot in case of some problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 10:04 AM, Anncc said:

it recomended to di it at the end as it make it harder to T-shoot in case of some problem.

#ProTip that! Thanks @Anncc 🫡

Also, the Prefix Suppression is enabled on each interface participating in OSPF - not on the router like I said before. 

Edited by FriKKiE

This is the hidden content, please

Watched a Kbits vid and he did it that way - hence i said it but you make a valid point - there isn't a specific reason.

Looking at the link above, IF there are loopbacks being advertised that we may need to reach within ISP1(for ping, ssh,SLA,etc ), if you globally

enable it, you may not reach them(and will have to disable it for said interfaces).

So, until we have the full configs or sit for the exam, it could be either or. My 2c.

• Like 40
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...