CCIE EI Section 2.1

kat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

During my first attempt, I mentioned in my post that I skipped 2.1 and started 2.2, but I could not continue with 2.2 because the SDA border nodes were not synchronised which prevented 2.2. I did the synchronisation and then it went fine.

So, do check the sync part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Took the exam recently and it said the password needed a capital letter or something for the user password.  I guess we have to go in and change the password policy or something? Anyone think they mastered this question yet?

Edited by johnnyboy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Took the exam recently and it said the password needed a capital letter or something for the user password.  I guess we have to go in and change the password policy or something? Anyone think they mastered this question yet?

Yes:

Administration>Identity Management/Settings>User Authentication Settings

Uncheck everything that would prevent u from using the username and pw that they want us to use.

40 minutes ago, ShoIProute said:

Yes:

Administration>Identity Management/Settings>User Authentication Settings

Uncheck everything that would prevent u from using the username and pw that they want us to use.

Thanks, I ran out of time so didn't have a chance to dive into it.  Going to use this for next time!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I found this on the cisco website.  I have not yet taken the lab but maybe this will help with the Tacacs part?  Radius is the default when configuring ISE in DNAC.  You can't use Tacacs in the Design module if you have not selected it when integrating ISE and 

Edited by NTWMaster
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Here are some rough steps that I put together from using my lab.  A lot of it depends on what is already configured in the lab. 

From what I remember in the lab I know for sure that TACACS was not enabled on the ISE server in DNA.

ISE
_____

Administration-> Deployment -> PSN -> Enable Device Admin Service -> SAVE
Administration-> Identity Management -> Settings -> User Authentication Settings -> Uncheck all password must contain at least: -> SAVE
Administration-> Network Resources -> Network Devices -> Click Devices -> "Check TACACS Authentication Settings" -> "Enter Shared Secret" 'cisco' -> SAVE
Administration-> Identities -> Users -> "Add" -> "Name: netadmin password: admin User Groups: ALL_ACCOUNTS" -> Submit
Work Centers-> Device Administration -> "View Default Policy" -> Authentication Policy -> "Internal Users" -> Options If User not found "Continue" -> Authorization Policy "Create New Command Set" called All_Commands -> Check Box "Permit any command that is not listed below" -> Shell Profiles "Create New Shell Profile" named Priv15 -> Default Privilege to "15" -> Submit
-> Select and Save both of these new policies

DNA
_____

System Settings -> Update ISE -> Click ISE server -> "Edit" -> "View Advanced Settings" -> Check TACACS -> Apply
Design -> Network Settings -> Add Servers -> AAA -> Check "Network" -> Choose ISE then Protocol "TACACS" -> Choose PSN -> SAVEDo this at Global Level. 

Make sure it applies to both branches
Provision -> Devices-> Select all 4 Switches -> Actions -> Provision Device
After Provision is successful:
Choose all four switches -> Actions -> Edit Device -> Change CLI to netadmin/admin

Test with SSH and DNA resync

@NTWMaster, let us know if you have any new design questions in that thread.

Edited by johnnyboy

• 2 months later...
On 5/10/2023 at 9:40 AM, johnnyboy said:

Work Centers-> Device Administration -> "View Default Policy" -> Authentication Policy -> "Internal Users" -> Options If User not found "Continue" -> Authorization Policy "Create New Command Set" called All_Commands -> Check Box "Permit any command that is not listed below" -> Shell Profiles "Create New Shell Profile" named Priv15 -> Default Privilege to "15" -> Submit

-> Select and Save both of these new policies

@NTWMaster, let us know if you have any new design questions in that thread.

Are you changing the Default Authorization Policy, or creating a new one above it? If creating a new one, what are you using for the condition?