[OFFER] IOL images from CML 2.7

16 hours ago, jitendra said:

Hi team. I have successfully able to run L2 image on EVE-NG & GNS3 VM hosted Windows.  

Many Many Thanks man!!!! @netkillui

Hi @jitendra How did you make it work on EVE-NG? I can't even start nodes. It doesn't work for both L2 & L3 images.

7 hours ago, jitendra said:

@Mark1

Please refer my steps guide,

Good Luck..

This is the hidden content, please

Thank you for the reply. But I can't even start the nodes. I did everything from your notes, but when I try to start, there is error "failed to start node"

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mark1 said:

Thank you for the reply. But I can't even start the nodes. I did everything from your notes, but when I try to start, there is error "failed to start node"

can you check if it's same for other IOL images. not this one.  

Oh yeah...let's see if these work

Update:  Importing gns3 appliance file doesn't work so great.  Just build these out one by one manually.  Remove the startup-config in device template.  Bump up Ram and NVRAM to 1024 both.   

So far; I'm looking at l2vpn-evpn instances, bridge-domains, nve interface configurations, and other advanced routing being available in this XE 17 code...  absolutely SICK!  This is so light weight....  This is a real game changer!!  Big time.....

Edited by BrandonCCIE
  • Like 1

@cooljitendra I'll reinstall my eve-ng community edition. Do we need those yaml files which comes with those new images? And do we need to install license for new images? Because for old iol images we had to install licenses.

4 hours ago, cooljitendra said:

@Mark1

Hi 

Do we need those yaml files which comes with those new images?--->No required.

And do we need to install license for new images?--->If other IOL image file is working same license  file,  then not needed. 

@cooljitendra

I found what was the issue. It turns out that license wasn't installed 😄 So, after license was installed, it started to work. For some reason, I thought that license wasn't needed for the new images 😄 Thank you for the support! Do you know what is that function of those yaml files which comes with new images?

Edited by Mark1

On 3/31/2024 at 3:51 PM, netkillui said:

1. remove xml.cisco.com entry from /etc/hosts file

2. run this command "iptables -I OUTPUT -p udp --dport 53 -m string --hex-string "|03|xml|05|cisco|03|com" --algo bm -j DROP"

3. Try IOL2 image again. 

Hi,
I couldn't find any xml.cisco.com in /etc/hosts. I am running EVE-PRO. However, I run command ""iptables -I OUTPUT -p udp --dport 53 -m string --hex-string "|03|xml|05|cisco|03|com" --algo bm -j DROP" and it made the L2 image  "x86_64_crd_linux_l2-adveterorisek9-ms.bin" worked but not the L3. 
image.png.3da56fd493705e9248be5dd17e23d19a.png