350-901 Kubernetes Engine Questions

kdjulianofr

An application is hosted on Google Kubernetes Engine. A new JavaScript module is created to work 
with the existing application.
Which task is mandatory to make the code ready to deploy?

A. Create a Dockerfile for the code base.

B. Rewrite the code in Python.

C. Build a wrapper for the code to containerize it.

D. Rebase the code from the upstream git repo.

I’m leaning towards D. I don’t go for C because the question states the application is hosted on Google Kubernetes Engine..so It’s already containerized.
Thoughts?

• Like 1

The way it reads, they act like the module is external to the original application; a plugin or something that calls an API.  "Work WITH the existing app..."  If the app exists in Kube, you'd certainly need to containerize the module too, or it would not necessarily be able to talk to it depending on what's exposed outside Kube. 

A: it then makes a bit more sense now.

At least that's what I selected 2 months ago when I took the exam and got a 100%.

• Like 1

"A. Create a Dockerfile for the code base." is still confusing then. Is The "code base" referring to the code base of the original application or the code base of the JavaScript module?

By choosing A. we imply the code base of the JavaScript module although its not specifically mentioned in the option.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@netops you have written -->  it's D; A it's surely not, it's kubernetes not docker. WHY ????

K8s runs any OCI compliant container image. Docker images created with docker-build are OCI compliant so K8s runs any image build from a docker file. (

This is the hidden content, please
)

As an old active CCIE I have done lots of networking and internetworking crap questions in cert and recert exams. And Cisco is a Netwroking/Internetworking company. What do you expect if Cisco is trying to get into something so far from is core business and its origins ??? Bullshit nonsense questions like the one posted here. 

If you want to be a network engineer then Cisco is OK. If you want to know about K8s, develop scripts/apps, microservices/service mesh, DevOps, etc Cisco is not the answer, except if you are a Cisco supporter but does not assure you will know complex things like Kubernetes (from Google) For instance you should go for CKA  or CKAD( from Linux Foundation CNCF) and other open source initiatives

Edited by fkacc
  • Like 40
  • Thanks 5

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...