[Offer] Cisco Modeling Labs 2.2.3

Skynet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bootylicious said:

procedure to make the full virtual lab environment work? So it didn't ask you for any license?

As I also posted earlier, license purchase is required to get the virtual lab environment work.

License cost for CML is reasonable / affordable, in my opinion. EVE-NG (free / community edition) is a great option for those who want a completely free option. As a matter of fact, even though I have a paid / licensed subscription to CML2, I find myself using EVEN-NG more and more. It is just that good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NiceGuy said:

As I also posted earlier, license purchase is required to get the virtual lab environment work.

License cost for CML is reasonable / affordable, in my opinion. EVE-NG (free / community edition) is a great option for those who want a completely free option. As a matter of fact, even though I have a paid / licensed subscription to CML2, I find myself using EVEN-NG more and more. It is just that good.

can you use the images you shared on this topic on eve-ng?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bootylicious said:

can you use the images you shared on this topic on eve-ng?

Yes.

The refplat iso that comes with CML has all the basic images (vIOS L2, L3, vASA, CSR, vNXOS, etc.) Other images such as for SD WAN and FMC etc. do not come with CML but have been widely shared on this site and others. All of those are usable in EVE-NG.

As a general guide, anything that you see/find with a qcow2 file extension is usable in EVE-NG. EVE-NG supports several other image / file types also, I am mentioning qcow2 because you are more likely to see images of this type floating around. You can also use images for non-Cisco stuff in EVE-NG (and also in CML). My EVE-NG home lab is running virtual devices for Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, and others.

When uploading the images to EVE-NG, you have to follow a folder and file naming convention. It is clearly documented on EVE-NG website and there are lots of youtube videos that walk you through the process. If you have not done it before, it may take you a short time to get comfortable but it's not hard at all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...