In need of specific viosl2-adventerpriseK9 image.

6 hours ago, Naghini said:

I am in need of specific: viosl2-adventerpriseK9-M_152_May_2018.qcow2 image. I searched everywhere but I can't find it, all existing download links expired.

If someone could share a valid download link, I would truly appreciate it  🙂🙏 

you know you can just rename the newer image to this and use it right? unless there is a specific bug you want to hit from the older version. 

6 hours ago, netkillui said:

you know you can just rename the newer image to this and use it right? unless there is a specific bug you want to hit from the older version. 

Situation is the following. I've worked on a pretty big gns3 topology that was on a remote server where I didn't have any of the images, I was using all the images (Qemu VMs) that the remote server had.

I have that project exported, but I can't connect to the remote server anymore and I also want  to open it locally with the GNS3 VM in Workstation Player because I want it to have NAT and access to the internet ( I cant achieve this on a remote server) .

In order for me to open this exported project locally, I need the same images that were used on the remote server. I managed to get everything (rotuer/end device images - these all open and work with the exact configuration that i had on the remote server ) except the viosl2-adventerpriseK9-M_152_May_2018 switch image, which I did try changing the name of ( both 2017 version and 2019 version of it - these I could find ) but it just won't start if it's not the exact same version, can't trick it with changing the name of the file.

I think I'll just delete all the switches from the exported topology and replace them with 2019 version switch , and reconfigure them, I have most of the config in a notepad anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 3:14 AM, Naghini said:

Situation is the following. I've worked on a pretty big gns3 topology that was on a remote server where I didn't have any of the images, I was using all the images (Qemu VMs) that the remote server had.

I have that project exported, but I can't connect to the remote server anymore and I also want  to open it locally with the GNS3 VM in Workstation Player because I want it to have NAT and access to the internet ( I cant achieve this on a remote server) .

In order for me to open this exported project locally, I need the same images that were used on the remote server. I managed to get everything (rotuer/end device images - these all open and work with the exact configuration that i had on the remote server ) except the viosl2-adventerpriseK9-M_152_May_2018 switch image, which I did try changing the name of ( both 2017 version and 2019 version of it - these I could find ) but it just won't start if it's not the exact same version, can't trick it with changing the name of the file.

I think I'll just delete all the switches from the exported topology and replace them with 2019 version switch , and reconfigure them, I have most of the config in a notepad anyway.

add a new router to your gns3 with the name you want and rename the image file to that. the version inside the qcow2 does not matter. just the image name should be same as one in the project. 

• 5 months later...