To Pass CCIE Datacenter v3.0 Deploy discussion - Real Attempt

Glavin

• Moderators

Rule Book

1) Do not share any personal email address in any post.

2) Do not put any personal skype id in any of the post.

3) Do not ask or share in (no request forum).

4) Do not do any advertisement for any vendor product.

5) No selling allowed.

Not following any points will make you life ban

We will be coming up with lot of contains request all users to come back and create your accounts as we have lost our old database due to major internal issues.

We will be updating our theme and coming up with most of the features back in few days. Stay Active Stay Safe.

Welcome Back everyone.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

• Glavin changed the title to To Pass CCIE Datacenter v3.0 discussion - Real Attempt
  • Glavin locked, unlocked and pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
On 9/1/2021 at 8:38 PM, cham23 said:

Guys,

I'm thinking about taking this lab by next July. Anyone here studying for it with some good advice?

Thanks

I have the same plan (or at least very similar) - I'm gonna pass written this Nov then approx 6 months of labbing and June/July want to go for LAB exam. I have been deploying ACI Multi-POD for my customer last 8 months (single tenant, multi vrf, network centric, 2 PODs with N9K-based IPN, HX in place etc.). So need to go through the whole equipment list and think the hardest for me is UCS B/C as I don't have an access to any of them. But not sure about the UCS portion - if it's pure UCS or just the network portion of interaction through the Fabric Interconnects ... Have you anyone of you checked the rack rentals? think it's lot of money for the DC lab 😞

• Like 2

I have the same opinion about the rack rentals too, @trdcz
I'll ask colleagues about it, but my impression is that it isn't only the networking part of the UCS.

Anyway, if I were you, I'd rent only the UCS labs. Do a SAN bootable VMware on a couple of blades with a basic LAN connectivity like 10 times (it should take you 10-16 hours each time, so not much time) and then you'll nail it.

@jacksonholeI do have most of the equipment available at my work laboratory, I think I'll only have to rent HX, as I wouldn't be allowed to wipe and rebuild the computing resources.
Renting it, I'd do something similar to what I told trdcz, build a VMware setup from scratch a couple of times, until I do it automatically (to me, that's how Cisco computing works).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Glavin changed the title to To Pass CCIE Datacenter v3.0 Deploy discussion - Real Attempt
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...