Cisco ISE license hack

thegreek1

After installation you get a fully functional trial license for 90 days, it is enough, for example, to prepare for the exam.
Get unlimited in time license / نحوه کرک
Replacing flexlm
– Turn off the ISE
– Kopiryem flexlm-10.9.jar on USB drive
– Mount CentOS-7-x86_64-Minimal-1503-01.iso configured VM
– Boot in troubleshoot, rescue save cent0S
– Mount the USB drive in the VM settings
– We are at the command prompt centOS!
Consistently copy or rewrite the following commands in the console. Of course, it is necessary to understand what they are doing, and edit them as needed, such as usb you can not be mounted in sdb1.
cd / mnt / sysimage
mkdir usb
mount / dev / sdb1 usb
cp usb / flexlm-10.9.jar ./opt/CSCOcpm/upgrade/javalib/flexlm-10.9.jar
chmod 755 ./opt/CSCOcpm/upgrade/javalib/flexlm-10.9.jar
cp usb / flexlm-10.9.jar ./opt/CSCOcpm/appsrv/apache-tomcat-ca-7.0.42/webapps/caservice-webapp/WEB-INF/lib/flexlm-10.9.jar
chmod 644 ./opt/CSCOcpm/appsrv/apache-tomcat-ca-7.0.42/webapps/caservice-webapp/WEB-INF/lib/flexlm-10.9.jar
cp usb / flexlm-10.9.jar ./opt/CSCOcpm/appsrv/apache-tomcat-ca-7.0.42/webapps/ocsp-responder-webapp/WEB-INF/lib/flexlm-10.9.jar
chmod 644./opt/CSCOcpm/appsrv/apache-tomcat-ca-7.0.42/webapps/ocsp-responder-webapp/WEB-INF/lib/flexlm-10.9.jar
cp usb / flexlm-10.9.jar ./opt/CSCOcpm/appsrv/apache-tomcat-7.0.42/lib/flexlm-10.9.jar
chmod 755 ./opt/CSCOcpm/appsrv/apache-tomcat-7.0.42/lib/flexlm-10.9.jar
Unmount the USB DRIVE and CentOS Rescue CD.
Reboot your VM
-Start ISE 2.0 requires about 15 minutes, waiting, after chegomozhno connect to the web-based interface ISE
The next step – the license files.
You should replace the attached files licensing serial number on your own.
How to find your serial number:
1. Writing in the console: show udi
2. Copy the serial
3. Now you have to open the license file and replace “4L4CAAMFHJ6” to your serial.
4. Open the web interface and upload the license files
5. Done!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2021 at 10:24 AM, thegreek1 said:

After installation you get a fully functional trial license for 90 days, it is enough, for example, to prepare for the exam.
Get unlimited in time license / نحوه کرک
Replacing flexlm
– Turn off the ISE
– Kopiryem flexlm-10.9.jar on USB drive
– Mount CentOS-7-x86_64-Minimal-1503-01.iso configured VM
– Boot in troubleshoot, rescue save cent0S
– Mount the USB drive in the VM settings
– We are at the command prompt centOS!
Consistently copy or rewrite the following commands in the console. Of course, it is necessary to understand what they are doing, and edit them as needed, such as usb you can not be mounted in sdb1.
cd / mnt / sysimage
mkdir usb
mount / dev / sdb1 usb
cp usb / flexlm-10.9.jar ./opt/CSCOcpm/upgrade/javalib/flexlm-10.9.jar
chmod 755 ./opt/CSCOcpm/upgrade/javalib/flexlm-10.9.jar
cp usb / flexlm-10.9.jar ./opt/CSCOcpm/appsrv/apache-tomcat-ca-7.0.42/webapps/caservice-webapp/WEB-INF/lib/flexlm-10.9.jar
chmod 644 ./opt/CSCOcpm/appsrv/apache-tomcat-ca-7.0.42/webapps/caservice-webapp/WEB-INF/lib/flexlm-10.9.jar
cp usb / flexlm-10.9.jar ./opt/CSCOcpm/appsrv/apache-tomcat-ca-7.0.42/webapps/ocsp-responder-webapp/WEB-INF/lib/flexlm-10.9.jar
chmod 644./opt/CSCOcpm/appsrv/apache-tomcat-ca-7.0.42/webapps/ocsp-responder-webapp/WEB-INF/lib/flexlm-10.9.jar
cp usb / flexlm-10.9.jar ./opt/CSCOcpm/appsrv/apache-tomcat-7.0.42/lib/flexlm-10.9.jar
chmod 755 ./opt/CSCOcpm/appsrv/apache-tomcat-7.0.42/lib/flexlm-10.9.jar
Unmount the USB DRIVE and CentOS Rescue CD.
Reboot your VM
-Start ISE 2.0 requires about 15 minutes, waiting, after chegomozhno connect to the web-based interface ISE
The next step – the license files.
You should replace the attached files licensing serial number on your own.
How to find your serial number:
1. Writing in the console: show udi
2. Copy the serial
3. Now you have to open the license file and replace “4L4CAAMFHJ6” to your serial.
4. Open the web interface and upload the license files
5. Done!

I'm confused. Copying some text from somewhere with missing files and no context is considered a post ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, we all have access to Google. Just wondering the point of copying and pasting something without proper references if we could have "google it" if we wanted to. Maybe you could have added something as simple as "I found this on some middle eastern or Iranian web site and I figure that I could score some cookie points just by copying and pasting it without proper references. ".

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2021 at 10:24 AM, AncientOne said:

Yes, we all have access to Google. Just wondering the point of copying and pasting something without proper references if we could have "google it" if we wanted to. Maybe you could have added something as simple as "I found this on some middle eastern or Iranian web site and I figure that I could score some cookie points just by copying and pasting it without proper references. ".

this was a copy and paste of the previous forum 'certcollection' that was shared before the site went offline.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, thegreek1 said:

this was a copy and paste of the previous forum 'certcollection' that was shared before the site went offline.

Spoiler

Yes, but without the full context and accompanying discussions. For example. 

1. The original hack files found on certcollection wasn't infected but many of the files with same name are infected with malware. 

2. The hacks doesn't work anymore.  

• Like 7

I remember playing around this several months using this hack. Here's what i have been able to figure out.

= This hack doesn't work on ISE 3.0 (obvious reasons).

= This hack wont directly work on ISE 2.2, 2.4 and above versions (with a catch)

= The catch - There are code level changes in ISE 2.2 and above. there's a possible  file integrity verification introduced which affects the operating when the file is replaced. Application services or for that matter no other services will come up.

= So the only possible way is, install ISE 2.0 apply the hack then go on to upgrade to any versions (except 3.0) and this hack will work.

In reality this is just too much work. Its rather easier to use the 90 day trial instead.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
On 12/27/2021 at 8:13 PM, r0b0 said:

I remember playing around this several months using this hack. Here's what i have been able to figure out.

= This hack wont directly work on ISE 2.2, 2.4 and above versions (with a catch)

= The catch - There are code level changes in ISE 2.2 and above. there's a possible  file integrity verification introduced which affects the operating when the file is replaced. Application services or for that matter no other services will come up.

= So the only possible way is, install ISE 2.0 apply the hack then go on to upgrade to any versions (except 3.0) and this hack will work.

In reality this is just too much work. Its rather easier to use the 90 day trial instead.

1. Hack doesn't work on ISE .3x  - True

2. Hack doesn't work directly on ISE 2.2 and above - Not true . It's possible to upgrade but it's also possible to do a direct hack although there are additional work involved but still faster than hacking 2.0 and doing an upgrade. 

3. No file integrity checks. - However, SQL database is locked and will need to do some fancy hack to gain admin access and get license hack to work in 2.2 and above. 

4. It's probably easier to use 90 days trial instead. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 9:13 AM, r0b0 said:

where can I find some info to 2.7 direct hack? tks

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...