[Req] Juniper All-access Training pass - course manuals and videos

NiceGuy

9 minutes ago, juan said:

Here you are the issue with access, it is all PDF (watermarked 😞 )

I really appreciate you taking the time to try and research more, for the rest of us.

I have not done it myself, but I recall seeing some posts by others on this site, on ways to remove the watermark. It's been a while since I saw those posts, so possible that they were on the "old" site and searching here on the new site may not get us any hits. I believe there are utilities to remove watermark. I will research further.

Hoping some other folks with  more experience / understanding will chime in also.

1 hour ago, NiceGuy said:

I really appreciate you taking the time to try and research more, for the rest of us.

I have not done it myself, but I recall seeing some posts by others on this site, on ways to remove the watermark. It's been a while since I saw those posts, so possible that they were on the "old" site and searching here on the new site may not get us any hits. I believe there are utilities to remove watermark. I will research further.

Hoping some other folks with  more experience / understanding will chime in also.

Nice, if you or other member find a way to remove watermark (the watermark generates when printing the protected PDF into the Bookshelf application) I'd be pleasant to print it out digitally and share with you all guys.

1 hour ago, juan said:

The watermark generates when printing the protected PDF into the Bookshelf application.

When you print, is the final product a PDF file ? If so, an application called SysTools Watermark Eraser seems to be able to do the job. I downloaded the app, and the free version allows you to use it five times. They require payment after that. With the free version you may be able to confirm if it will be useful for our use case.

I downloaded and tried it on a PDF file for a SANS course. It worked, i.e. it removed the watermark at the bottom of each page.

There is an aletrnate way that I have seen people use, which is to use photoshop or similar app to "paint over" or hide the watermark. It works better in scenarios where the watermark is at the top/bottom/side of the page. Does not work well if the watermark  covers a larger area in the middle.

What is the watermark like in this case ? Small, out of the way - or big, in the middle of the page ?

13 hours ago, NiceGuy said:

When you print, is the final product a PDF file ? If so, an application called SysTools Watermark Eraser seems to be able to do the job. I downloaded the app, and the free version allows you to use it five times. They require payment after that. With the free version you may be able to confirm if it will be useful for our use case.

I downloaded and tried it on a PDF file for a SANS course. It worked, i.e. it removed the watermark at the bottom of each page.

There is an aletrnate way that I have seen people use, which is to use photoshop or similar app to "paint over" or hide the watermark. It works better in scenarios where the watermark is at the top/bottom/side of the page. Does not work well if the watermark  covers a larger area in the middle.

What is the watermark like in this case ? Small, out of the way - or big, in the middle of the page ?

@NiceGuy, the watermark cover all the page, and it is ... my personal company email. I will try first option you mention, let's see if with any luck it does the trick.

20 hours ago, juan said:

Another way is to capture the screen and paste individual sheets in a Word file.

Please don't use Word for this. That's just messy. You can use imagemagick, pdftk and many other utilities that are designed for this.

Please just leave Word for secretaries to write letters as it's designed for....and then educate them to use LibreOffice instead 😉

pdftk might be able to remove the watermarks too but I've never actually tried it

3 hours ago, Dr34mt1m3 said:

@juanDo you have any study material related to  the juniper courses "Cloud Automation using Contrail (CAC)" and  "Enterprise Automation and Orchestration Using Contrail (EAC)"? Appreciate if you can share them as well.

No... sorry, I am on the way to upload all the JNCIE workbooks. But anything else, I am afraid.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...